Recipes & More
We have gathered some of our favourite recipes together and complied them for you to try yourself. If you would like to submit a recipe that you would like to share please contact us with it and we will be sure to post it for everyone to try.
Italian Chicken & Chickpeas
"This spin on Italian traditional consists of chicken breast and chick peas in a tomato-based sauce season with garlic, cayenne pepper, and Italian seasoning blend." This recipe and other recipes similar to this can be found at "allrecipes.com".
- 2 tablespoons organic olive oil
- 4 skinless, boneless CCO chicken breasts halves
- 2 tablespoons dried organic rosemary
- 1 tablespoon organic olive oil
- 3 cloves organic garlic, minced
- 1 15 ounce can organic tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 ½ teaspoon white sugar
- 1 bay leaf
- ¼ teaspoon crushed pepper flakes
- 1 15 ounce can organic garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Season the chicken with the rosemary on both sides; cook the chicken in the hot oil until browned evenly, 3 to 4 min. per side. Remove the chicken from the pan and set aside.
- Pour 1 tablespoon olive oil into the skillet. Cook and stir the garlic in the hot oil until fragrant, about 1 min. Add the tomato sauce, Italian seasoning, cayenne pepper, sugar, bay leaf, and red pepper flakes to the skillet, stir. Return the chicken to the skillet, cover and reduce the heat to medium – low. Simmer until the chicken is no longer pink in the center and the juices run clear, 10 to 20 min.
- Stir the garbanzo beans into the skillet, continue cooking until the beans are heated, 2 to 3 min. more.
This recipe is reprinted with alterations from "allrecipes.com".
- One clove organic garlic, pressed
- ¼ cup butter softened
- 2 skinless, organic boneless chicken breasts halves
- ½ cup all-purpose organic flour
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 4 ounces sliced organic mushrooms
- 20 keepers, or to taste
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- ¼ cup white wine, optional. Use Apple juice instead.
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh organic parsley
- 2 lemon slices
- In a small bowl, stir together the garlic and butter until well combined. Set aside. Place the chicken breast half on a work surface with this thick side facing to the right(if you're right-handed), and place your left hand down on the chicken breast. Using a very sharp knife, carefully cut the chicken breast from the thick side to about to about 1/2 inch from the edge of the thin side, in a horizontal cut. Open the chicken breast and spread it out like an open book. Using a meat mallet, gently pound the butterflied chicken breast out until it's an even thickness.
- Place the flour into a shallow dish, and dredge each chicken breast on both sides with flour. Melt the garlic butter in a large skillet over medium heat until it stops foaming, and cook each chicken breast until golden brown on both sides, 6 to 8 min. per side. Sprinkle each breast with salt and pepper. Remove the chicken breasts to a platter, and keep warm.
- Cook and stir the mushrooms in the same skillet as the chicken until the mushrooms have absorbed the remaining butter in the skillet and have begun to turn brown at the edges. Stir in capers, lemon juice, white wine, and stir to combine. Reduce to a simmer. Adjust salt and pepper again, and stir the parsley into the sauce.
- Remove the chicken breasts to plate, and serve the sauce over the chicken. Garnish each serving with a lemon slice.
"This recipe is an excellent for a wintertime comfort food meal, which can be put into a slow cooker in the morning and have it ready for you when you get home."
- 1 ½ cups organic ketchup
- ¼ cup packed organic Brown sugar
- ¼ cup organic red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons of prepared organic Dijon style mustard
- 2 tablespoons Worchester sauce
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke flavouring(optional)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground organic black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon organic garlic powder
- 4 pound/2.5 KG Clear Creek organic boneless roast.
- In a large bowl, combine ketchup, round sugar, vinegar, mustard, Worchester sauce and liquid smoke if you prefer. Stir in salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Place Clear Creek organic roast into the slow cooker. Pour the ketchup mixture over the roast. Cover and cook on low for 8 to 10 hours.
- Remove roast from slow cooker, shred with a fork, and return to the slow cooker. Stir meat to evenly coat with sauce. Continue cooking approximately one hour.
- Enjoy certified organic meat.
Big Al's Bar-B-Q Sauce
- 2 cups ketchup
- 2 cups tomato sauce
- 1 ¼ cups brown sugar
- 1 ¼ cups red wine vinegar
- ½ cup molasses
- 4 teaspoons hickory flavoured liquid smoke
- 2 tablespoons butter
- half a teaspoon garlic powder
- half teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon celery seed
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, mix together the catch up, tomato sauce, brown sugar, vinegar, molasses, liquid smoke, and butter. Season with garlic powder, onion powder, chilli powder, paprika, celery seeds, cinnamon, cayenne, salt and pepper.
- Reduce heat to low, and simmer for up to 20 min. For thicker sauce, simmer longer, and for thinner, less time is needed. Sauce can be also be thinned using a bit of water if necessary. Brush sauce onto any kind in the during the last 10 min. of cooking. Enjoy with Clear Creek organic meats.
- 1 lb. lean organic ground beef
- organic onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp. flour
- salt and pepper
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 can sliced mushrooms
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ cup grated cheddar cheese
- 2 tbsp. parsley
Cook ground beef until brown; add onion and sauté until tender. Stir in flour, salt, pepper and drained mushrooms. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in soup and cook for 10 minutes, uncovered. Stir in sour cream, grated cheese and parsley. Heat. Serve with noodles or mashed potatoes.
Sausage Stove Top Casserole
- 1 lb. organic fresh sausage
- 4 oz. spaghetti, uncooked
- ½ organic onion, diced
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- 1 ½ tsp. chili powder
- ½ tsp. dry mustard
- ½ tsp. sugar
- 1 – 20 oz. can tomatoes
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup grated cheese
Fry sausage and cut into ½ inch pieces. Add spaghetti, onion, salt and pepper, chili powder, dry mustard, sugar, tomatoes and water. Stir. Cover and cook until spaghetti is tender. Add more water if needed. Top with cheese.
- 1lb. organic lean ground beef
- ½ cup oatmeal
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 pkg. onion soup mix
- organic onion, chopped
- organic carrots, sliced
- organic potatoes, cubed
- 1 can tomato soup
- ½ cup ketchup
- Salt and pepper
- Celery seed
- garlic powder
Mix beef, oatmeal, egg and onion soup mix together. Form into balls and fry in frying pan until cooked. Add chopped onion and sauté, then add carrots, potatoes, tomato soup, ketchup, salt, pepper, celery seed, garlic powder and 4 cups of hot water. Bring to a boil; cover and simmer until vegetables are cooked. Add more water if necessary.
Low Fat Spicy Oven Fries
Wash and cut organic potatoes in wedges. Toss lightly with olive oil. Sprinkle generously with Clear Creek Organics BBQ Seasoning.Bake in a shallow pan @ 400 degrees for about 20 min.(the longer you bake them the crispier they get) You can stir them after about 10 min. MMMM Delicious!
Curry Spiced Boneless Shoulder of Welsh Lamb
In a large non-stick wok or saucepan, heat oil and fry lamb shoulder until browned. Add onion and garlic and cook for 1-2 minutes. Add tomatoes, vegetables, stock and spices. Bring to boil, cover and simmer in preheated oven for 2-2½ hours until meat is soft and tender. Pull meat from the bone and serve in large chunks. Serve with Indian style vegetables, rice and naan bread.
- ½ lean shoulder of Welsh lamb
- 15ml (1tbsp) oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 300ml (½ pt) stock
- 15ml (1tbsp) ground cumin
- 2.5ml (½ tsp) cayenne pepper
- 15ml (1tbsp) turmeric
- 5ml (1tbsp) ground ginger
- *or use a 33g sachet of Bombay Potato dry mix
- Fresh coriander
- 4 potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- ½ cauliflower, cut into large florets
- 6 small carrots, peeled or scrubbed
- ¼ swede, peeled and cut into cubes
Roast Leg of Welsh with Gin & Cranberry
- Medium – 25 minutes per 450g (1lb) plus 25 minutes
- Well Done – 30 minutes per 450g (1lb) plus 30 minutes
- Oven temperature: Gas mark 4-5, 180°C, 350°F
Weigh joint and calculate cooking time. Line a roasting pan with 2 sheets of foil & place the lamb leg onto the foil. Mix together the gin and cranberry jelly and spoon this over the lamb. Scrunch the foil around the joint, but leave the top exposed.
Baste occasionally during cooking. Cut the onions in half horizontally (stalk at top) and using a spoon scoop out some of the layers leaving 2-3 in the shell. Roughly chop the removed onion. In a pan heat butter and lightly fry onion. Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly. Add the rosemary and sausage meat and combine together. Take a handful of mixture and stuff into onion shells. Prop up around the joint, drizzle with a little olive oil and cook for 40-50 minutes until onion soft and fully golden. Rest the joint for about 15 minutes. Serve with roasted potatoes, baked onions, seasonal vegetables and cranberry gin meat juices.
- Welsh lamb leg joint, allow 175-350g (6-12oz) per person
- 450g (1lb) lamb or beef sausages, slit skins and remove meat
- 90ml (6tbsp) gin
- 45ml (3tbsp) cranberry sauce
- 4 small red onions
- 5ml (1tsp) butter
- * 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
Welsh Lamb Cranberry & Date Spice Balls
In a large bowl mix all the ingredients until thoroughly combined. Divide mixture into about 18 and shape into small balls. Thread onto skewers (1-2 per stick). Grill for 8-12 minutes or until thoroughly cooked. Serve with rosemary and butter toasted pitas and creamy humous or sour cream and chive dip.
- 450g (1lb) lean minced Welsh Lamb
- 30ml (2 tbsp) cranberry sauce
- 50g (2oz) dried dates, roughly chopped
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
Stuffing Meat Loaf with Marmalade Glaze
Heat oven to 400* F. In a large bowl, combine the beef, stuffing, egg, 3/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Transfer the mixture to a rimmed baking sheet and form it into a 9-inch loaf (about 2 1/2 inches tick). Bake for 30 minutes. In a small bowl, combine the marmalade and mustard. Spread on the meat loaf and continue to bake until cooked through, 15 to 20 minutes. Let rest for 10 minutes before slicing. Divide the arugula among plates. Drizzle with the oil and vinegar. Serve with the meat loaf.
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 2 cups cooked stuffing, roughly chopped
- 1 large egg, beaten
- Salt and black pepper
- 1/4 cup orange marmalade
- 1/2 cup whole-grain mustard
- 10 ounces baby arugula
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar